Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Who Pays for the War

As we have already heard, the soldiers in Iraq are to be coming home before
the end of the year. I think we are all a little wary of this announcement
by President Obama. The nation has been told this before by George W. Bush.
But does that really mean the war is over? How much did this cost us, as
Americans? For some it isn’t over. For others, it is.


As always, we are going to debate whether or not this war was necessary.
Did it do what they said it was for? No one can really say that it did or
did not; just like they have been for almost 10 years, if not longer.

I have overheard a lot of people talking in cafés or in the street, that
even though some did not want this war, they are paying for it. For if the
war is OURS. We all pay for it whether we agree or not. We pay for everyone
else’s unemployment and welfare, while we are working our butts off to feed
our own families/households.


I do not agree with how we have to pay for this, even if we did not support the reason for the war.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you and I do not agree with how we pay for the war. I believe that we could use the money used for the war in so many other helpful ways.

    Instead of using the money for the war, I believe we should use the money to help improve our educational systems. We all have to remember that improving our educational system would be a large benefit for our future and would help improve the unemployment rate. We have so many people that do not have a degree and drop out of high school. I mean really who hires someone with out a high school diploma or even a degree? So instead of pulling money away from our schools to use in other areas, we should really think about what are we really fighting for? I am not saying in any way that I do not appreciate the freedom that our soldiers fought so hard for us to have. I just think that we are continuing to fight for something that is not our war any longer. I personally would like my tax money to go for a good cause as well as to put food on the table for my loved ones.

    ReplyDelete